Saturday, October 16, 2010

Ricotta and Tomato Tart

I bought a giant tub of ricotta ten days ago, and we only used a bit of it last week, so I’ve been looking for recipes that used ricotta that weren’t

  • desserts
  • lasagnas
  • ricotta salata dishes

Finally found one on the WeightWatchers online site (where I’ve been a relatively happy weight-loser for 4 years and 45 lbs): I don’t know if you can read it without being a member, but Ricotta and Tomato Tart takes you there.

Diet food, of course.  The recipe calls for zero-fat ricotta and fat-free egg substitute (whatever that might be).  I used my low-fat ricotta and regular eggs.

IMG_20101016_101447

Not a flattering picture, but the result was pretty tasty.  I think well of Weight Watchers: they’re doing yeoman’s work trying to get diet food to taste good.

Again, home alone.  Debbie still out of town and Josh not yet home for the weekend.

Onward and upward.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! You're right, the picture isn't the most flattering, but I can imagine it tastes really good.... I could seriously use some ricotta in Malawi.

    ReplyDelete